Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm a Big Boy Now...

well, maybe not a big boy quite yet, but definitely getting there. (And quicker than I want him too!) We decided to try out the highchair this week after seeing how well Averie did in hers after our visit. (I'm such a copycat...first, Jonas and the bumbo and now Averie and the highchair. Just remember that imitation is the best form of flattery. :) ) He does well in it and I've decided that while Brian and I eat dinner at night Conrad will now join us at the dinner table in his highchair.

I grew up in a family where we ate dinner together every night and it's a tradition that I hope to carry on with our family. For me, it's really an invaluable time together.

He doesn't quite hold his head up as well as I would have hoped at this age, but, honestly, the kid has a big melon. After talking to a couple of nurse-friends, they said that preemies have a harder time with this since their brains develop faster than their bodies can keep up with. I think that Brian and I have pretty big heads, literally not figuratively, so I just thought it was a hereditary thing. I'm sure it'll be ok...I just worry about things like that since he had a couple of minor brain "issues" when he was in the NICU.

1 comment: